This happened at a hotel room in Andover, MA. From the Eagle Tribune:
Commander Charles Heseltine of the Andover Police Department said officers were first called to the hotel around 1 p.m. on a report from hotel management that there was smoke in one of the rooms.
Inside, police found a microwave that had exploded and caught fire. Inside the destroyed oven, police found melted pieces of a Kel-Tec 9-mm handgun. Scattered around the room and on the carpet near the microwave police also found other pieces of the gun, including springs, spent shell casings and shards of plastic. They also found broken glass and the metal frame of the microwave on the floor.
The two morons who had rented the room denied knowledge of the gun in the microwave, and of having turned the microwave on. Uh-huh; must have been a malware infection in the oven’s circuits. Oh, and since the serial number had been obliterated, they were also charged with felony possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number.
3 Responses to “Don’t Microwave a Gun!”
Leave a comment:
(Note: Comments with links will be held in moderation.)